New Student Information
Welcome to Fordham Prep, OUR NEWEST STUDENTS and their families!
Throughout the summer, the Academic Year 2019-20 Information page will be updated as information becomes available.
- Please click on this LINK to print out the school's medical forms.
- These forms are due to the School Nurse before the first day of school in September.
- If you have any questions, you can contact the School Nurse by phone at 718-367-7500 x235. The School Nurse's fax number is 718-367-9090.
- If you have any questions about athletics, please contact Mr. Kurtin at 718-367-7500 x250 or email@example.com.
- In May of 2019 you will receive information about signing up for your Summer Technology Orientation to take place at Fordham Prep. There will be multiple dates during the summer for the orientation so families can plan accordingly.
- Any questions about the orientation can be directed to Mr. Greg Curran, Director of Technology, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about our One-to-One computing program, including laptop and tablet requirements, please click this LINK.
VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS COURSES
- Freshman have the ability to choose to enroll in one of four different classes in the Visual and Performing Arts Department
- Band Methods - for beginning and intermediate musicians
- String Orchestra - for all levels of string musicians
- Vocal Music - no signing experience needed
- Jazz Ensemble - for experienced musicians, an audition is required. Please email Mr. Dylan LaGamma '09 to schedule an audition at email@example.com.
- Vocal Music meets five times a cycle, all others meet three times a cycle.
- Each course is taken for the entire academic year and earns a letter grade.
- Completion of the course satisfies the student's Visual and Performing Arts graduation requirement.
- Click HERE for a full description of each course.
- Click on the link for each course to sign up; Email Mr. Dylan LaGamma '09 to discuss entry into Jazz Ensemble.
METRO NORTH TICKETS
Monthly Metro North train passes are purchased directly from Metro North through their Mail and Ride Monthly School Ticket Program provided you have filled out the appropriate section of Fordham Prep's online registration. If you have completed this section, please note the following.
- On or about August 7, 2019, you will receive TWO emails from Metro North with your account number and your pin number. The deadline to set up your account is Monday, August 12.
- Follow the instructions in the email to set up your monthly ticket purchase.
- Tickets will be mailed directly to the home and not sent to Fordham Prep.
- Please be sure to check your spam email as sometimes these messages are filtered.
If you have not filled out the appropriate section of Fordham Prep's online registration form, please contact the Admissions Office immediately. Any further questions about the Metro North Mail and Ride Monthly School Ticket Program can be directed to Metro North Customer Service at 212-340-3288.
*Please note that some school districts directly pay for student Metro North passes. Please contact your local district for more information.*
All Fordham Prep students that live in one of the five boroughs of New York City are eligible for free MetroCards through the NYC Office of Pupil Transportation. You need not take any action at this time. Fordham Prep will register you for the program. Students will receive their MetroCards in their mentor group during the first week of school in September.