Fordham Preparatory School is a Catholic, all-male, Jesuit, college preparatory school. Our commitment to education is shaped by the spirituality and pedagogical tradition of the Society of Jesus, founded in 1540 by St. Ignatius Loyola. Fordham Prep stresses the development of excellence in the whole person: intellectual, religious, social, emotional, and physical. Today, our educational apostolate is strengthened by our affiliation with the local, national and international networks of Jesuit secondary schools.
At the heart of Jesuit education is the rigorous study of the humanities and the sciences, reflecting the conviction that the study of great ideas is inextricably linked to the formation of character. Our program of studies encompasses more than the acquisition of knowledge; it fosters academic discipline and encourages reflection in the pursuit of excellence.
Fordham Prep's curriculum is designed to help students discover and hone individual talents and abilities; it encompasses more than the acquisition of knowledge, but demands the training of the intellect; it exposes students not only to their strengths, but also to those courses and areas that will challenge them; and provides students with time for extra help and consultation with the faculty: every teacher, every day. Our honors program allows each student to craft a personal curriculum.
Our mission is to form leaders committed to faith, scholarship, and service through a college preparatory education in the Catholic Jesuit tradition.
Our Way of Proceeding: Standards & Benchmarks for Jesuit Schools in the 21st Century
It is a common observation that you always know you are in a Jesuit school, but what makes a school Jesuit has long been a topic of conversation. There is a wonderful, new publication from the Society that goes a long way to helping us understand what makes a Jesuit school Jesuit.
As Our Way of Proceeding states, these standards and benchmarks are aspirational and prescriptive in the way core values of Jesuit schools have always been. We hope you enjoy the document and recognize in it your experience of Jesuit education.
PDF of Our Way of Proceeding
- President, Christopher Devron, SJ
- Principal, Joseph Petriello, PhD '98
- Assistant Principal for Professional Development & Supervision, Dennis Ahern '63
- Assistant Principal for Academics & Student Life, Chad Broussard
- Vice President for Mission Integration & Planning, Brian Carney
- Vice President for Engagement, Development & Communications, Jose Gonzalez
- Dean of Students, Steven Pettus
- Director of Campus Ministry, Michael Kravatz
- Director of Christian Service, Paul Homer
- Coordinator of Global Education, Theresa Di Vita-Geremia
- Coordinator of Diversity & Inclusion, Randall Pedro
- Director of School Counseling, Maureen Martinez
- Director of College Counseling, Maura Brennan
- Athletic Director, Anthony Kurtin
- Director of Technology, Gregory Curran
- Chief Financial Officer, Michael Higgins
- Director of Admissions/HAP, Bradley Serton '95