FORDHAM PREP SEEKS STUDENTS WHO SHARE THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE SCHOOL, ARE ABLE AND WILLING TO DO COLLEGE PREPARATORY WORK, ARE OPEN TO LEARNING AND NEW EXPERIENCES, AND ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT A JESUIT EDUCATION.*Admission is based solely on past academic performance and standardized test scores.*
1. Complete Our Online Application
The online application to the Class of 2028 is now open. You must first create an account on the SchoolAdmin Parent Portal and then click on the green button to "Begin Admissions Process".
2. Submit Your Grades
- Applicants must submit a copy of their final report card from seventh grade and the first marking period of eighth grade to the Admissions Office.
- If an applicant attends a Catholic grammar school in the Archdiocese of New York or Diocese of Brooklyn and takes the TACHS exam, his school will send his grades to each of his three high school choices. Please do not submit your grades on your own if you attend a Catholic school in one of these diocese.
- If you attend a public or private grammar school, please request that your current school send copies of your report cards to Fordham Prep's Admissions Office using our current Records Release Form found below.
- You may submit grades via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Take an Standardized Admissions Exam
- Fordham Prep accepts results from several entrance exams, including the TACHS (through the New York Archdiocese as well as the Brooklyn and Rockville Center Dioceses), ISEE, HSPT, and SSAT.
- Please note that for exams OTHER than the TACHS, you may fax, email, or mail your score sheet to the Admissions Department.
- If you are taking the TACHS, please list Fordham Prep as one of your three choices. It does not matter where you list Fordham Prep; any of the three choices is acceptable and has no bearing on admission, scholarship or financial aid.
- Fordham Prep's TACHS code is 113.
- For more information on the TACHS please visit www.tachsinfo.com.
- Only those who sit for the High School Placement Test (HSPT) will be considered for a Merit Based Scholarship. For more information about this exam, please click here.
Transfer Admissions Process
Applications to transfer into Fordham Prep in the fall of 2024 are now open. We are accepting applications for transfers into the Class of 2027 (sophomores) and Class of 2026 (juniors). Fordham Prep does not accept transfers into senior year.
To begin the process, please submit an online application using the link below to create a Finalsite Enrollment account.
Transfer application requirements include:
- Online Application
- Mid-Year Report Card (current year)
- Final Report Cards (all other high school years and 8th grade year*)
*sophomore transfer only
- A Personal Essay Indicating "Why the Applicant Is Interested in Joining the Fordham Prep Community"
Once the online application and all items have been received, they will be reviewed by our Transfer Committee. If approved, the applicant will be invited to sit for an interview before the committee makes its final decision.
Transfer applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
*Fordham Prep does not discriminate for any reason including race, religion or national origin in the admission of students or in the administration of its policies.*