FORDHAM PREP SEEKS STUDENTS WHO SHARE THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE SCHOOL, ARE ABLE AND WILLING TO DO COLLEGE PREPARATORY WORK, ARE OPEN TO LEARNING AND NEW EXPERIENCES, AND ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT A JESUIT EDUCATION.*Admission is based solely on past academic performance and standardized test scores.*
1. Complete Application
Our application for the Fordham Prep Class of 2025 is now open. Please use the link below to create your account in SchoolAdmin's Parent Portal. After you create an account, you will be able to access the application.
SchoolAdmin Parent Portal
**After you submit your application you will be able to submit your online Teacher Recommendation which is a required part of the process. You can email a teacher directly from your SchoolAdmin Admissions Checklist.**
2. Submit Grades
- Applicants must submit a copy of their final report card from seventh grade and the first marking period of eighth grade to the Admissions Office.
- If an applicant attends a Catholic grammar school in the Archdiocese of New York or Diocese of Brooklyn and takes the TACHS exam, his school will send his grades to each of his three high school choices. Please do not submit your grades on your own if you attend a Catholic school in one of these diocese.
- If you attend a public or private grammar school, please request that your current school send copies of your report cards to Fordham Prep's Admissions Office using our current Records Release Form found below.
- You may submit grades via email at email@example.com, fax at 718-367-7598, or US Mail (441 East Fordham Rd. Bronx, NY 10458 Attn: Fordham Prep Admissions). You may also upload your grades via the School Admin Parent Portal once you have completed the application.
3. Take Entrance Exam
- Fordham Prep accepts results from several entrance exams, including the TACHS, CO-OP, ISEE, CHSEE, HSPT, and SSAT.
- Please note that for exams OTHER than the TACHS, you may fax, email, or mail your score sheet to the Admissions Department.
- If you are taking the TACHS, please list Fordham Prep as one of your three choices. It does not matter where you list Fordham Prep; any of the three choices is acceptable and has no bearing on admission, scholarship or financial aid.
- Fordham Prep's TACHS and CHSEE code is 113.
- For more information on the TACHS please visit www.tachsinfo.com.
- Only those who sit for the High School Placement Test (HSPT) will be considered for a Merit Based Scholarship. For more information about our scholarship exam, please click here.
PLEASE CONTACT THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, 718-584-8367 OR ADMISSIONS@FORDHAMPREP.ORG
TRANSFER ADMISSIONS PROCESS
Please contact the Admissions Office at 718-584-8367 for more information about transferring to Fordham Prep. Review of transfer applications for the fall begins in late winter. Fordham Prep does not accept mid-year transfers.
*Fordham Prep does not discriminate for any reason including race, religion or national origin in the admission of students or in the administration of its policies.*