Tuition for the 2023-2024 academic year has been set by the Board of Trustees at $23,960. Books and supplies are not included. Each year a separate student fee is required and varies per year.
The real cost to Fordham Prep of educating a student is substantially higher than the tuition we charge. The difference between the tuition we charge and the actual cost to us (our "tuition gap") is made up through continual development efforts and the generosity of the Prep's faithful alumni, parents, and benefactors.
Last year, Fordham Prep provided approximately $4.3 million dollars in financial assistance to approximately 48% of Fordham Prep families. Financial aid is awarded based on demonstrated need. Our goal is to maintain a student population rich in talent and diverse in culture, without regard to financial resources. Students are not required to work in exchange for merit scholarships and financial aid. Financial aid is not a loan; no repayment is required.
- technology (including laptops)
- Global Education trips
- sports participation fees
- SAT/ACT preparation classes.
This is to ensure that all members of the student body can participate fully in the life of the Prep. In addition, in coordination with the Fordham Prep Mothers' Club, on an anonymous basis, Fordham Prep supports families for meals during the holidays.
Please note that financial aid is awarded only to those families whose accounts are in good standing.
The Financial Aid process is confidential. Families are required to complete an application each year and send supporting documents to F.A.I.R. (Financial Aid Independent Review), an outside organization that provides analysis and recommendations to our Financial Aid Committee. Supporting documents include the most recent federal tax return and schedules, as well as W-2 forms and current paystubs. No family will be eligible to receive financial aid until the application is completed.
Families of Prospective Freshman for the Class of 2028 (entering September 2024):
- Apply between September 1, 2023 and December 1, 2023. Use 2022 Federal Tax Return.
- Responses will be communicated with your admissions decision provided your application was completed by the December 1 deadline.
Families of Current Students (Classes of 2025, 2026, 2027 - for the fall of 2024):
- Apply between February 1, 2024 and March 15, 2024. Use 2023 Federal Tax Return.
- A response from Fordham Prep will be communicated in June 2024.
***Please note that financial aid is allocated to families who apply on time. Those who apply late should not expect to receive aid. ***
- Setup an account at www.fairapp.com
- When prompted, supply the following: School code: 169 School password: fps169
- Complete the application.
- Pay the fee: $33 (Visa or Mastercard).
- Submit your federal tax return with all schedules, W-2’s and most recent paystubs. You may submit them; Via upload on the FAIR website after you have completed your application OR Mail copies to the address below.
P.O. Box 211423
Eagan, MN 55121
Last year, Fordham Prep awarded over $4.3 million in financial aid to 43% of our student body.
For prospective students in the Class of 2028, our separate financial aid application is due no later than Friday, December 1.
In order to be considered for a Merit Based Scholarship, students must have:
- Excellent grades (an average of at least a 90 or above in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade)
- An excellent score on the High School Placement Exam (HSPT). Applicants who do not take the HSPT will not be considered for a Merit Scholarship.
- For more information about Fordham Prep's Merit Scholarship Exam, please click here.
- Who can apply for financial aid?
- Can my son qualify for financial aid for being an outstanding student?
- Can my son qualify for aid for being an outstanding athlete?
- What is the income cutoff for receiving financial aid?
- My son is applying for admission as a prospective freshman; when should I apply for financial aid?
- My son is applying for admission as a prospective freshman; can I wait until he is accepted to apply for financial aid?
- My son is a returning student. When should I apply or re-apply for financial aid?
- I already have one son at Fordham Prep and intend to register an incoming freshman. When should my family apply for financial aid?
- When will I get a response to my request for financial aid?
- What if the deadline has passed and then we realize that we need to apply for financial aid?
- My son is applying for admission as a transfer student; can we apply for financial aid?
- How much financial aid does Fordham Prep award each year?
- Does FAIR, Inc. determine the financial aid awards?
- Can my family receive financial aid for the full tuition at Fordham Prep?
- If my son receives financial aid, will he or I be required to do anything in return?
- Fordham Prep requires a tablet device of all students. Can I receive help purchasing one?