The McNamara Library
As the heart of the school, Fordham Prep’s library provides an attractive environment, quiet study carrels and a comfortable atmosphere that affords students personal space and relative quiet, an opportunity to keep up with their daily assignments. The library is designed to be both inviting and practical, a sanctuary for our students.
In addition, the library provides access to digital as well as hard-copy materials. The availability of traditional print materials is enhanced by easy access to electronic resources. The Computer Center is located directly above the library, creating a media and information center equal to the educational needs of contemporary students and their teachers.
Within the library, the Guidance Center, Seminar Room and Conference Room each have an LCD projector and electronic whiteboard.
- 10,000 print & electronic titles, with a major emphasis on reference works
- 50+ periodical subscriptions, plus subscriptions to Catholic New York, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and National Catholic Reporter.
Students can access an online collection of research and reference sources via Gale Pages. The library also owns and extensive electronic reference collection.
- Wired and wireless access for student-owned laptop computers
- Fordham University Library privileges with a letter from a teacher, or with the teacher accompanying them
- Walsh Library is not available to Prep students during University exam periods.
- Extensive reserve collection to support course work