The Mathematics curriculum at Fordham Prep prepares the student for higher-level studies in Mathematics. The department’s objectives include helping the students learn to
All students take three years of Mathematics. Most students continue with a fourth-year elective Mathematics course.
- improve their problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- use their time productively both at school and at home;
- make use of the facilities available to them to become more self-reliant, confident, accurate, organized and consistent;
- acquire valuable organizatonal skills;
- use modern technology.
- Each entering freshman may be offered Geometry or Geometry Honors based upon his knowledge of Algebra, his entrance exam scores and his performance on Fordham Prep's placement exam.
- Students have the opportunity to qulaify for honors and advanced courses.
- Two Advanced Placement courses: Calculus and Statistics.