November 27th to December 1st
The week is dedicated to celebrating and promoting our Jesuit Catholic identity.
This year, we celebrate the rich spiritual tradition given to us by St. Ignatius, with our theme Finding God in all Things: Encounters with the Divine. Ignatius shared with the world an incarnational spirituality that recognized that all of creation has the potential for calling us into deeper relationship with God; that we indeed can find God in all things and encounter the divine each day.
This week our community is invited to a deeper understanding of the presence of God in our lives.
Ignatian Heritage Week programs include the following:
- Morning Prayers- Our daily morning prayer will help us reflect on a story of someone’s Encounter with the Divine.
- Ignatian Movies- Each day the following movies, which highlight our Ignatian charism and the Society of Jesus, will play in the Lobby:
- Ignatian Tatoos- Free IHS tattoos (temporary, of course) will be available in the commons during lunch periods on Monday.
- Wednesday Morning Prayer with St. Ignatius for Parents: Parents are invited to gather at 8:45 am in the Prep Chapel for a special Ignatian Heritage Week prayer. Register here.
- Companions in Mission Book Club- Faculty and staff book club members will gather after school on Wednesday to reflect on The God Who Won’t Let Go by Peter van Breeman, SJ.
- Ignatian Trivia Contest- On Thursday, students can test their knowledge of all things Ignatian for chance to win a $50 gift card.
- Ignatian Heritage Week Examen- Our end-of-the-week Examen will invite our community to reflect on our own Encounters with the Divine during the past week.
- Advent Supper for Parents and Alumni- On Friday, December 1st at 6:30 pm, parents and alumni are invited to a light supper and talk by Fr. Thomas Scirghi, SJ, Rector of the Fordham Jesuit community. Register here.