While Fordham Prep parents' groups date back to the 1800s, the Fordham Prep Mothers' Club as it exists today can trace its roots back to 1966 when Margaret McDermott saw the need to organize mothers "to help Fordham Prep to promote and advance the best interests of Fordham Prep in its religious, educational and charitable functions; to promote friendship, sociability and good will among its members; and to foster better understanding and mutual cooperation among teachers, students and parents." Click Here to view the Past Presidents for our Mothers' Club.
That mission continues today as the Mothers' Club
- raises funds to enhance the educational experience at the Prep;
- Last year the Mothers' Club was able to donate more than $120,000 to the school.
- sponsors events to promote social connections amongst members;
- seeks opportunities to educate our membership on topics of interest;
- provides opportunities for spiritual renewal;
- seeks to create connections between the teachers, students and parents.