Changes to FP E-mail
We have recently migrated our e-mail system to Google Apps.
The information below details the various methods of accessing
the new system.
1. You may use the quicklinks drop down or mail icon found on all pages of this web site.
2. You may visit mail.google.com and type in your full e-mail address (including @fordhamprep.org) and your password.
To set up your new account on iPhone/iPad/iPod, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account...
- Tap Gmail
- Enter your account information, being sure to use your full Gmail address, including '@fordhamprep.org'
- Tap Next
- Tap Save
To set up your account on an Android device, follow these
- On your phone, press < Home >, then open the Email application.
- On the 'Your accounts' page, select Next to get started with setup.
- Enter your full Google Apps e-mail address and password, then select Next.
- Select IMAP account and then select Next.
- On the 'Incoming server settings' page, some fields may be pre-populated. Make sure to change the following:
For 'Username,' enter your full Google Apps email address
For 'IMAP server,' enter 'imap.gmail.com'
- For 'Port,' enter '993'
- For 'Security type,' select 'SSL2 (always)''
- Select Next.
On the 'Outgoing server settings' page, some fields may be pre-populated. Make sure to change the following:
- For 'SMTP3 server' enter 'smtp.gmail.com'
- For 'Port,' enter '465'
- For 'Security type,' select 'SSL (always)''
- Select Next and continue through the setup options.